The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

+10
Ivan Braginski/Russia
Trang/Vietnam
Antonio Carriedo / Spain
Elizabeta / Hungary
Katyusha/Ukraine
Lily / Liechtenstein
Adam Banjora / Australia
Meimei/Taiwan
Feliciano Vargas/Italy
Honda Kiku / Japan
14 posters

Mafia Thread! Pick your families!

Mafia Thread! Pick your families!  Empty Mafia Thread! Pick your families!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 am

This still has to be discussed by the mods. Just start thinking about what role you want to be in the mafia, and what people you want in your family! You can use this thread to discuss with the other players who you want. You can go ahead and make requests here and start throwing around ideas without having to fill out all the other stuff. This is informal discussion : )

Hallo,

I know many of you have desired a mafia thread, and I have an idea that will hopefully makes those desires into a reality.

My idea is to set it up like a game of Clue. The characters who wish to participate will be divided into "mafia families." These families can be related however you like. I would suppose that each family gets to decide their own background stories and relations to other families. You could be allied with, hostile toward, or neutral to another family. These relations are subject to change as the story unfolds.

In hopes of keeping this under control, the role-play will follow a very basic plot-line. A brief story will start it off:

The Germanic brothers awoke to find a note pinned to their door. It read: We have kidnapped Gilbird! If you wish to see him alive again (or else he'll be fried chicken), please bring 1,000,000 Euros to the following address.

Sincerely,

X

I assume the actual plot will be a less direct and more complex, or maybe, for simplicity's sake, it might be that bare. Anyway, we'll see what's best to assure a smooth role-play.

Then, once the plot has been released, each family will receive a piece of information relating to the mystery that only they possess. Players must collect all the pieces of information in order to solve the mystery. It'll be a little competition. Please use as much violence and dirty tricks as possible to get the information you desire! This is a mafia AU after all. There will be further details on all this later, probably.

So things don't get too out of hand, we'll have characters placed within the story watching your every move. <o>__<o> We'll call these characters "information brokers." They will know all the families' secrets as well as the solution to the plot. So, if an opponent character is making information gathering rather difficult, the information brokers will be a second option. They won't give it out for free, but their favors will be very doable. They might also start up rumors or something to get the story kicking again if it starts lagging. They are there to play as characters in the mafia, but they are also there to assure a smooth run of the RP.

To get all this started, first, we need all of you who desire to play to divide yourselves into families. I would like to create our own mini-world, so please be creative as possible. For instance, I want to make Austria into an instrument salesman on the surface and information broker in the shadows. N. Italy could own a Pizzeria by day and be a spy by night. If you wish to be a police officer, I would assume that is also welcome. Be creative! B)

So, please divide yourselves into families, and decide your families' stories, relations, and roles. This will help the author of the plot to make it as best as they possibly can.

Families (Here's where I'll post the list of families):

EXAMPLE:

Family name: The Edelstein/ Zwingli Alliance
    Role in the mafia: Information broker
    Relation to other families: Neutral
    Backstory: Roderich and Vash were childhood friends, but regrettably, their friendship dissolved as they grew into their teens. Though the two traveled down diverted paths, their destinies were fated to intertwine. Roderich had gone on to college to receive a degree in Music and Business. Vash went on to become an underground mercenary. Meeting again at a party hosted by their mutual friend Ludwig, Vash let his true occupation slip while speaking with the aristocrat; some ancient trust remained between the two former friends. Intrigued by the description, Roderich proposed a business venture. Vash agreed. Though some animosity remains, business is booming.
    Requested Family Members: Elizabeta Hungary (fiancee), Chibitalia (apprentice), Vash (business partner), Liechtenstein (salesperson)

Players can agree to be a part of the family or not. They can also make changes as they please. Also, characters can have different roles and relations. For instance, even though Austria is neutral, Hungary could be working on the side as a mercenary and have her own alignment.

This example is also my request to Hungary, Chibitalia, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein to be a part of my family. I'd also like to ask Vash if he would be a fellow information broker with me. ouo That is all! HAVE FUN~! ewe Also, hope this is all okay, mods. [/b]

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein/Austri on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Cantidad de envíos : 492

Mafia Thread! Pick your families!  Empty Re: Mafia Thread! Pick your families!

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 am

I want in on this, but since we don't know who else is, it's hard to place myself yet.

Probably with some other Asians, though.

AZN MAFIA YES, YES?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 am

SOVIET MAFIA
    ALL MEMBERS UNITEEEEE

*raises hand*
    i want to be an assassin
    Feliciano Vargas/Italy
    Feliciano Vargas/Italy
    Pasta-loving boy
    Pasta-loving boy

Cantidad de envíos : 663

Post by Feliciano Vargas/Italy Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 am

oAo Italian mafia is obviously the bitches. ouob

Although...where would all of Europe go? oAo The Italian mafia dominants most of Europe. ouo So would they be offshoots or a part of them? oAo I know the Italian mafia has strongholds in Germany at least... =w=

BUT YEAH. ITALIAN BROS. FOR THE WIN. >:U *fist pump* THE BEST, MOST OBVIOUSLY.
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 am

Anyway, discussed a bit in chat, and that would be AZN MAFIA YES.

...Well, at least Mei and I discussed it as YES.

So Asian family please.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 am

Feliciano Vargas/Italy wrote:oAo Italian mafia is obviously the bitches. ouob

Although...where would all of Europe go? oAo The Italian mafia dominants most of Europe. ouo So would they be offshoots or a part of them? oAo I know the Italian mafia has strongholds in Germany at least... =w=

BUT YEAH. ITALIAN BROS. FOR THE WIN. >:U *fist pump* THE BEST, MOST OBVIOUSLY.

I'll say this again. All the Italians should be plumbers by day. B)
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Shall I have my kitty maul you?

Cantidad de envíos : 336

Post by Meimei/Taiwan Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 am

UHM ASIAN FAMILY MAFIA YES DO WANT PRETTY PLEASE ♥
    It'd be better if we had a KOREA, DAMMIT.

USIN' THE FORM 'CAUSE IT'S EASIAH

Family name: not for me to decide, I suck at naaaaaaaames
    Relation to other families: DUNNO we're probably allied with the Soviets though. Nordics if you count Hong's marriage.
    Backstory: Not for me to decide eitherrr
    Requested Family Members: ASIANS. >:U That means you, HongYaoIndoTrangThaiMacauNihon AND ANYONE ELSE I MAY BE FORGETTING KTHX. Let's dominate the others with our chopsticks and rice YEAH THAT MEANS YOU MOEBLOBS ITALIES

we really need a Korea lol.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 am

Meimei/Taiwan wrote:UHM ASIAN FAMILY MAFIA YES DO WANT PRETTY PLEASE ♥
    It'd be better if we had a KOREA, DAMMIT.

USIN' THE FORM 'CAUSE IT'S EASIAH

Family name: not for me to decide, I suck at naaaaaaaames
    Relation to other families: DUNNO we're probably allied with the Soviets though. Nordics if you count Hong's marriage.
    Backstory: Not for me to decide eitherrr
    Requested Family Members: ASIANS. >:U That means you, HongYaoIndoTrangThaiMacauNihon AND ANYONE ELSE I MAY BE FORGETTING KTHX. Let's dominate the others with our chopsticks and rice YEAH THAT MEANS YOU MOEBLOBS ITALIES

we really need a Korea lol.

You can decide to have a family business or have your own job. Someone could be working for the police for instance but actually be an undercover mafia member. You can discuss it with the other Asians here as to whether you want a family business or individual occupations. STRATEGY!

Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:29 am

WE OWN AN ASIAN FOOD MARKET That is our cover.

I don't know...*shrugs*

...Actually, that doesn't seem like a bad idea, but what does anyone else think?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 am

WHOA MAN

i want to do a heist ;3;

"Okay, there's a bomb on the fifth floor, disarm it and then head upstairs."
    "Roger that."

:U y/n
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    I´m a Zoo!
    I´m a Zoo!

Cantidad de envíos : 583

Post by Adam Banjora / Australia Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:33 am

The oceania mafia... would have two people orz

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 am

Adam Banjora / Australia wrote:The oceania mafia... would have two people orz

I think if we divided into smaller groups it might work better. We'd have more to play around with. So, I really think two people is fine. You could work as mercenaries, or you could work as that small mafia trying to rise up! The smaller the group the easier it is to control, and it also makes the universe bigger because it gives us more to play with. So. ouob I think a mafia of two is actually better.

I really am trying to structure this after Baccano!
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Meimei/Taiwan

Post by Meimei/Taiwan Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:38 am

@ Kiku: I actually like it. o3o It seems innocent enough, can gather info innocently enough, and it diverse enough to where everyone can do something different. Like, run different stalls or whatnot. Plus everyone being in near quarters allows for better communication. TIME TO MAKE SECRET SIGNALS :U

@ Nata: WHAT IF IT KILLS PEOPLE oooooh. I'm up for anything where stuff blows up, actually. 8'D

I have a question, like say someone DID die/was killed, if the plotline finishes, they're back in the game, right? I'm thinking like Clue here, where it like restarts. XD

Idk people dying makes for more fun 8'D
    Or maybe I watch too many Korean dramas. 8'|
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    I´m a Zoo!
    I´m a Zoo!

Post by Adam Banjora / Australia Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:42 am

That sounds like fun Mei XD.

Oceania >> rising to take over the world~ <3

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:42 am

Meimei/Taiwan wrote:@ Kiku: I actually like it. o3o It seems innocent enough, can gather info innocently enough, and it diverse enough to where everyone can do something different. Like, run different stalls or whatnot. Plus everyone being in near quarters allows for better communication. TIME TO MAKE SECRET SIGNALS :U

@ Nata: WHAT IF IT KILLS PEOPLE oooooh. I'm up for anything where stuff blows up, actually. 8'D

I have a question, like say someone DID die/was killed, if the plotline finishes, they're back in the game, right? I'm thinking like Clue here, where it like restarts. XD

Idk people dying makes for more fun 8'D
    Or maybe I watch too many Korean dramas. 8'|

XD I think it could be possible. The Information Brokers would have final approval on that though. They're like the judges of the world, so if the other players agree and the information broker thinks it's OK, then sure.

Also, families can be in alliances with other families, but that doesn't mean people have to like each other. Characters are free to hate whoever they so choose.

And we could have multiple plots. It depends on how the world develops, and if the RP actually succeeds.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 am

Also, I think it might be a good idea to divide up the Asian family. Maybe a faction under Japan and one under China? There are just so many of you. oAo

I also think we should have at least three different categories to choose from: media, law enforcement, and mafia.

The media would be something like investigative reporters. They can still have a role in the mafia; they would just be undercover.

Also, I think if we do get a newspaper, whoever is the head of that might consider being a third information broker, or maybe Vash could just be a player. I think this would work really well for information along with the gun shop.

I think this would help to make the world more dimensional.

Alsoooo, there are some circumstances where a person could belong to two families. Since Austria and Swiss may be neutral, for instance, Chibitalia could still belong to the Italian family. She would just be working for Austria as an apprentice.

If you have an idea you want to pursue, there are no limits. I think it will just have to be approved to make sure it won't screw anything up. : )
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Meimei/Taiwan

Post by Meimei/Taiwan Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 am

/CRIES

SEPARATE US? ;A;
    SEPARATION?
    AS IN NOT ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    /EMO

Lol if it happened I'd just work for both or some shiz like that :U

I'M PRETTY CHILL WITH MOST STUFF OKIE
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    I´m a Zoo!
    I´m a Zoo!

Post by Adam Banjora / Australia Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 am

Any asians welcome to come across the pond <3
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 am

*clings to Mei*

GO BACK TO FUCKING, AUSTRIA.

^.~

...We'll see.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am

Honda Kiku / Japan wrote:*clings to Mei*

GO BACK TO FUCKING, AUSTRIA.

^.~

...We'll see.

XD PFFFT. Oh, you.

I'm not sure. I just think it'd be difficult to have all the Asian characters working in the same kind of job, with the same goals. It might be harder to organize within the family too. It might be better if some had different occupations other than the Asian market. ;A; I just really hope we get people to fill in spots other than the mafia. OTHER STUFF IS FUN TOO!

I'm just afraid that the Asians take up a larger percentage of the characters on the forum. It'd be like...a corporate business among all these independent businesses. More diversity in the market place!...ewe Yes, yes my next Telecommunications exam is over broadcast corporations.
    Lily / Liechtenstein
    Lily / Liechtenstein
    Tender Loving Sister
    Tender Loving Sister

Cantidad de envíos : 43

Post by Lily / Liechtenstein Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

Roderich Edelstein/Austri wrote:This example is also my request to Hungary, Chibitalia, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein to be a part of my family. I'd also like to ask Vash if he would be a fellow information broker with me. ouo That is all! HAVE FUN~! ewe
    YES YES YES!!!! I'M ABSOLUTELY IN ROD >U<
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Meimei/Taiwan

Post by Meimei/Taiwan Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

LOL Kiku

Hmmm... if we do separate, we can do it by SE-Asians and E-Asians, then it'd be more evenish

China
    Japan
    HK
    Taiwan
    Macau

Indo
    Viet
    Thai

still uneven, crap.
    And still wanting a Korea, even more uneven. D:

Though, I'm up for working other places besides a market. If capable people spread out and less-capables worked in pairs, then finding diverse occupations wouldn't be so bad if everyone kept in contact. :U WALKIE TALKIES GET

idk, gotta wait for Yao. XD He's the boss person. I'm a follower-type, not a leader, so I don't really trust myself in suggesting or deciding what's what |D
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    Adam Banjora / Australia
    I´m a Zoo!
    I´m a Zoo!

Post by Adam Banjora / Australia Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:27 am

SE asians could join me and Wy, since we are in the same area~
    Meimei/Taiwan
    Meimei/Taiwan

Post by Meimei/Taiwan Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Adam does have a good point. XD
    Gotta ask the SE Asians themselves though, I hope they see this. ouo

HEY EAST ASIANERS
    Randomly this would make a cool mafia picture :U
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14663260

HOPEFULLY IT GIVES YOU IDEAS ON DIVERSE OCCUPATIONS YES? /*3*/
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

We could see who is interested, and then possibly divide appropriately. Possibly. And maybe factions instead of completely separate. Or who knows. I think we need more AZN opinions in this, not just Mei and I, before we make a decision.

And possibly we could have other occupations, but I like the idea of having a united family base regardless. And a market works for that. It also lends a lot of possible taking in code like we-are-talking-about-what-we-sell-we-swear, when we are talking about our other...er...business.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 am