The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only)

Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Cantidad de envíos : 285

Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only) Empty Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only)

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am

Helena sighed as she sat at a table, reading different scrolls from her country and from others. She felt she should've been helping out her citizens with the 2nd war between Macedon and Rome. The ruler of her country, Philip V, surrendered to the Romans, who forgave him for siding with Carthage. Though, it seemed that Rome wished to place camps around her beloved homeland to make sure pirates wouldn't attack them, for they wanted to be allies.

She snorted. Allies, my ass, she thought. However, the king was meeting with a delegation to let them know of his decision. And if she was correct...

The Graecian woman looked outside and cursed in Greek. They arrive at the palace today and within 30 minutes. She rolled up the scrolls, picked them up, then placed them in a chest, which she closed and locked with a key. She hid the key in a jar she kept in the room before leaving it and joining the king of Greece and his wife in the throne room to hear the decision.

When she made it in the throne room, she bowed to Philip V and his wife before standing beside their thrones.

"My king, are you positive of your decision? I am...wary of these Romans entering our land and saying they'll "protect" us from harm. We have no idea what they may do should-"

"Calm down, Helena. I understand your concerned, but there's no reason for it. They have been kind and courteous. We, at least, should be the same to them, should we not?" Philip V said, looking at his advisor.

She sighed and looked down. "Yes, my king."

"Alright then. They'll be here soon, so make sure to be polite, be courteous, and BEHAVE."

Helena merely nodded before holding her head up high and waiting for the delegation to arrive.
    Convidad

Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only) Empty Re: Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only)

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 am

A simple peace envoy.
    To be honest he wasn't interested in invasion at this moment- just coming off too many years of fighting... and now food was getting disrupted to pirates that quite honestly Greece didn't seem to care about - granted was getting discounted prices over all..

Hopefully things would go smoothly between their leaders - he wanted a brief rest at least. However if he was refused he had no qualms about taking up arms and dealing with this problem forcefully.

Dressed in his finest armour he meekly followed his leaders - so far the reception had been good. Critically he looked around at the people, attempting to absorb this countries atmosphere. He had great respect for Greece - with Alexander the Great... Sparta.. great military tactitions. The phalanx had proved its worth more than once for him.

In fact he was rather excited to finally be meeting the personification of such a country.

Entering the building, he looked up expectantly, eyes scanning the important figures looking for the personification.

As he knelt he felt a little confused. Why was there a woman amongst them?
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only) Empty Re: Meeting of Fate (Rome and Ancient Greece only)

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:27 am

Helena watched as the Romans entered into the palace while she stood to the right of the king's throne. From what she saw, they took their appearances seriously. Hmm, looks like they can make an entrance well-enough, she thought, though her face showed no emotion.

She noticed that one of them looked at her strangely and se wanted to say something, but kept her mouth shut, knowing her king would frown at what she could have possibly said.

Philip V and his wife stood up form their thrones and smiled down at the Romans.

"Welcome to Greece, my good men. I am King Philip V. The woman to my left is my wife, Clarissa." The queen bowed a little before her guests before straightening up. King Philip V then gestured his hand towards Helena.

I'm sure you're wondering about the woman to my right and why's she's here. This is Helena, one of my top advisors on the country of Greece. She helps me communicate between the kingdom and the people of Greece as to what should be done and how we can do things. She also deals with the foreign affairs. I consider her a valuable person. I warn you now, she's not like most of the woman here. She's...probably the most independent woman here on Greece and one who's not to be tempted with. You don't want to end up on your backside like one of Greece's soldiers did when talking to her in a way she considered rude. If you need to know something about Greece wheen I'm not present, she'll help you out."

Helena bowed herself to the Romans before straightening up and made sure to smile a little as she did so. The king smiled more before turning back to his guests.

"Now, I understand that you wish to set up camps around the island to protect us from pirates. While I have read the document you sent us and understand your concerns, I'd prefer to hear it from you all yourselves EXACTLY what you plan on doing."
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:43 am

Rome looked at the woman with more interest. From what he could tell... she was probably another personification like himself. THAT was Greece?

He didn't let the surprise show on his face however.
    He remained silent as the chief of the delegation began to outline the plan, reiterate that the piracy was adversely affecting both of them - and if they were allowed to fully take care of the piracy that the trade routes would be open for more honourable merchants.

The words of course were laden with 'if you'll scratch my back I'll scratch yours.' the type of wording that the other was so well known for.

Rome remembered being told the night before to keep his mouth shut - he had the tendency to put things too baldly which insulted those who liked things all oil slicked.

His mind wandered slightly as he glanced back over to Helena, deciding that her form wasn't too bad - not at all. In fact she was rather attractive...
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 am

Helena watched the king nod his head every so often as the delegation chief spoke of their plans and how it would benefit both empires. When he finished speaking, the king spoke.

"I see. It would be great for us to be trading with your empire. I will allow your camps on Greece. Until they are set up, you and your men may stay at my palace. Helena, would you go along with the chamberlain to see that our guests get settled in?"

Helena merely nodded and turned towards the Romans. She noticed one of them glancing at her, but ignored it.

"This way, please," she said softly, before her and the chamberlain led them to their rooms.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:16 am

At least things were going well - and as the lady led them he got a better view of her body.
    Still he was suspicious - they could be planning an ambush of some sort.

His eyes scanned along where they were being led noting the potential escape routes.

As they neared where they were going to stay he decided that perhaps he could trust these Greeks.. well for now. Best to pretend to at least. It would be best for his people.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am

Helena and the chamberlain showed each Roman to their rooms, letting them know where the bathing room was and when dinner would be ready, which was just as the sun was setting. "If you need anything, one of the servants, who plan on helping you around the palace and will not be far form your side, will attend to your needs."

Once everyone was shown to their rooms, Helena politely excused herself because she had work to do and she and the chamberlain left to leave the Romans to enjoy their rest until dinner came around.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 am

He followed after her, wanting to properly introduce himself.

"Excuse me.... miss." he called out from behind her.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:48 am

Helena turned around as someone called out to her. She saw it was the man who had glanced at her in the throne room.

"Hello, sir. Is there something you need to talk to me about?" she asked politely. She did want to get to work, but thought it would be nicer if she responded to him...even if she didn't trust him or his men very much.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 am

He smiled his most acommodating smile, "I just wondered -" he paused attempting to find the right words, "Well I should introduce myself.. I'm Tiberius Romulus Vargas - the personification of my people."

OOC: I was thinking about it and Caesar doesn't make sense really for earlier times.. how to put it.. he's a man who changes with the fashion? ;] Although Caesar is also more of a title as well.. ahaha. Shh don't let the others on about his real name.

Last edited by Caesar Vargas/Rome on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am

Romulus, huh? Common Roman name, as well as the name of one of the twin brothers who founded Rome, Helena thought. Though she was a little surprised to hear that he was the personification of the Roman Empire itself. She decided to be a LITTLE bit nicer and gave Rome a small smile.

"I'm Helena Karpusi, the personification of Greece. Nice to meet you, Romulus," she said softly. "Do you mind if I ask what you wanted to talk to me about?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Lol xD

Just so you know, Roman citizens generally have three names. But I'm not gonna be a bitch and make you edit the post to put them in.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

"I wanted to have a more private introduction without our bosses so to say." he replied, "You know how they can get - a tight leash in case we cause trouble that disturbs their well laid plans."

OOC: I was being lazy and couldn't think up a good name. Ideas woman? ;]
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 am

Helena merely raised an eyebrow at Rome's comment, but chuckled as well. There was certainly some humor in it and it made her green eyes sparkle with amusement.

"Yes, I can agree with you on that. I'll just say that I'm...very opinionated about certain things."

Hmm...which emperor took over Greece?

You could use his name, like Tiberius Romulus Vargas. But using the emperor's name from the time period that Rome meets Helena in would be good
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:14 am

"Oh? I believe I may have picked up on that," he gave her a rather winning grin, as if they had just shared a rather intimate secret, "Lady I promise to do my best not to set your opininated self onto me like a hornets nest... but I dont promise that I won't."

That sounds good enough. -fixed-
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 am

Helena raised an eyebrow at his comments, but was grinning.

"Not a surrpise. You WERE the most observant person amongst the delegation group that came here. And you'll probably be observing the area to find a suitable place for your camp."

Convidad

Post by Convidad Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 am

He smirked, "Oh lady ~ I don't have the money right now to be doing a full on attack... too busy with getting rid of pirates."

Then, just to be a little annoying, he gave her a rather obvious look over, "But I wouldn't mind taking over your country if you come along with it."
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 am

Helena's smile became sharp. She could tell even though he said this in a joking statement, he was telling the truth.

"Is that right? Well then, I'll tell you this..." she walked towards him until she was inches away from his. She leaned towards him til her mouth was by his ear and whispered, "I will NEVER belong to you."

She straightened herself a took a big step away from Rome, her eyes glowing with a fiery determination.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 am

Sensing the tenseness in the air, he let a soft smirk take over.

"Oh do please keep that determination - I like challenges."

He couldn't help noticing at how when she came close how nice she smelled... who would have thought Greece would be such a beautiful woman?

And from her response he knew for sure that he would do all that he could to have her, no matter the method.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 am

Helena's eyes narrowed at the smirk that took over Romulus' face. She didn't like it. Not one bit. But she wouldn't let him get the best of her. Not while he was in HER homeland.

"I just bet you do. But I can't and won't be tamed by someone like you. Now, I must go, for I have work to do. Enjoy your rest, Roman. I'll see you later at dinner."

Helena then took her leave, walking away from Rome, her head held high and her stride relaxed and confident. She would NOT let that man take over her country. Helena would make sure she'd die trying first.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 am

Enjoying her attitude, he decided to rest up a bit before heading to the dinner that was to be set out for them.

He enjoyed her immensely.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 am

*Dinner Time*

The chamberlain let the Romans know that dinner was ready and that she would lead them all to the dining area, which was to be outside today.

She had the guests follow her through a few differnt hallways before coming outside into a beautiful courtyard, with a dining table, dishes, silverware, chalices (filled with wine), and chairs set up. And on that table was a variety of game and meats from cornish game hens to pig and more. There was also some vegetable side dishes, as well as the customary olives, cheeses, and fruits. Servants stood some way from the table, containers of wine in their arms.

Philip V and his wife were already at the table, waiting for their guests. Helena was also at the table, sitting next to the king. She watched as her leader stood up and smiled at the Romans.

"Welcome for dinner. Please, sit at the table, so we can begin the feast," Philip V said.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:40 am

Impressed by their wealth, Rome obediently sat, just deciding to listen to the conversations happening around him.

The food was delicious, the atmosphere perfect.

Plus the wine wasn't that bad.... taking a sip he cast a glance at the woman.

A perfect party planner ... dismally he thought of his home. Yes he could help get things going but planning parties weren't his forte...

Plus she was so dreamy, everything about her was so wonderful... It felt like Cupid had just struck him hard and he wasn't about to complain.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 am

Philip V was talking with the Romans about their culture and history, as well as their people. Helena merely listened on as her king conversed with the men.

She didn't eat much, for she hadn't had much of an appetite. And in truth, she felt rather than saw Romulus' eyes on her and it made her a little sick. Handsome though he was, she didn't like the admission he made to her. It pissed her off and scared her at the same time.

Helena got up out of her seat and said to Philip V, "My king, I shall take my leave for the night. Is there anything you need me to do before I go?"

"Not for tonight, but tomorrow, I'd like for you and General Daedalus to show our guests around Greece. He's already been notified of this."

"Alright, my king. I bid you all farewell until tomorrow," Helena said with a small bow before walking away from the garden and the palace. She headed over to a rock wall that had a passage. She went down that passage until she was in front of a statue of Athena. She bowed before the statue and placed an offering on the altar next to the goddess' image before she prayed to Athena.

"Athena, goddess of wisdom, please watch over the land and help me on my toes with your wisdom, so that these Romans won't steal Greece anytime in the future."

Helena sat there for a good while after her prayer, even when the moon shined on her and the statue. She only sat there, watching the moon rise over.

I'll do an in the morning post after you reply.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 am

He was torn as she left - should he follow her or stay and learn about their culture more?

He was finding everything about the place intriguing.. if he were to follow there might be suspicions and he didn't want to ruin the situation.

With a mental sigh, he sat there drinking the wine whilst learning all about this country... and making some soft plans on take over.
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    Helena/ Ancient Greece
    The Torturing Tease

Post by Helena/ Ancient Greece Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 am

After a while, Helena went back to the palace and to her room. Her room was big and roomy. She kept her customary chests and a desk with a couple papers on it. A small table with a chair, a mirror, and little bottles filled wiht liquid sat over on one side of the room. Helena sighed after her door was clsoed and locked, going to the chest at the front of the bed, opening it up, and getting out an article of clothing to sleep in.

She changed out of her dress and into her nightgown quickly, undid her hair, then combed it out with her fingers. She climbed into bed and fell asleep within minutes.

***In The Morning***

When she woke up, Helena washed herself up with a cloth before changing into a light green dress. She tied up her sandals on her feet, used a comb on her hair, then placed it up into its customary bun. After that, she headed to the dining room, inside this time, and sat with her king, queen, and the guests for breakfast, which was bread, fruits, cheese, and water and wine as the beverages.

After breakfast, the Graecian woman had the guests follow her to the stables, where the horses were, so they could travel aoong the roads into town. She mounted her horse and waited for the Romans to do so as well before they followed her and General Daedalus.

The general, even though he had his smug moments, was fairly quiet, but polite. In Helena's personal opinion, he was an amazing person and someone she would trust with her life. He had black hair that was to his shoulders, tanned skin, and bright blue eyes. His body was rippled with muscles, but not overly so. He wore his customary armor as he rode around with Helena and the other men around the rocky land.

As they entered the bustling town, with it's stalls full of different items from food to weapons to jewelry, Daedalus asked, "So, what exactly is the forum like in Rome?"

Helena knew that Daedalus was a bit curious, but cautious of the Romans. Might as well ask as to how things are different from our country, she thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 am