The whole world belongs to us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia RPG Forum

2 posters

Computer Club

Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Cantidad de envíos : 114

Computer Club Empty Computer Club

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Eduard had decided to start a club of his own, and thus it would be only appropriate that it revolve around what he had particular expertise in, computers. Having found an appropriate classroom to host the club which had a few desktops inside, he put a sign on the door and waited. He wondered if there would actually be anyone who would join. He realized that he wasn't even sure about what the club would actually consist of, which had him a little more than anxious. He supposed he was just trying to gather a place for computer enthusiasts and fans of technology as a whole. He guessed that there would be debates on which was the better operating system,of course he'd think Linux though the others are fairly useful. And arguments over Mac vs PC, which he couldn't rightfully partake in as he wanted to find position at either company. He jotted these notes down and continued to wait for people to find the room. Not like it was particularly difficult, he had put bulletins up that the room was right near the computer lab. Why he hadn't tried to get an actual computer lab, he didn't quite know but guessed it had to deal with the thought that people wouldn't actually talk to each other if there were so many computers around. Not that he minded really.But not dwelling on it, he sat in the comfy chair at the front of the room and spun around slowly.
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Cantidad de envíos : 492

Computer Club Empty Re: Computer Club

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Kiku anxiously opened the door to the room specified on the sign he'd seen. A computer club seemed interesting. Not many clubs catered to the sorts of things he actually enjoyed, so he thought he would try this one out.

Still, it would be meeting with people. Talking, even.

But perhaps the talking would be more tolerable when it was subject matter he actually found interesting?

The door opened to reveal a bespectacled boy rather taller than himself (not that the taller part was uncommon) sitting in one of the room's chairs, spinning. Kiku just looked at him and blinked for several moments before bowing nervously. "H-Hello," he managed to get out. "This is for the computer club?"
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Eduard stopped spinning upon hearing someone ask if this was the computer club. He rose from the chair, inwardly still a bit nervous, not used to taking a leadership position in regards to anything.Usually he was a rather reliable worker, or just on his own. He had to be polite and try to engage as he could. " Ah indeed it is, welcome. I'm Eduard, nice to meet you, " he said calmly with a slight nod in return to the shorter young man who seemed a bit nervous as well.
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Kiku took a breath and calmed himself. At least he didn't do something stupid like walk into the wrong room, and the other boy seemed nervous too. "Nice you meet you too," he replied. "I am Kiku Honda." Since coming to this school, he'd grown accustomed to introducing himself with his personal name first. So many Western students had gotten confused otherwise.

He bowed his head again, not sure what he should be doing. Or saying. He especially wasn't good with conversation. He mostly just listened. But that was hard when there was only one other person in the room. And when that one other person didn't just prattle on by themselves, like a couple people he knew.

He adjusted the strap of the bag over his shoulder, not because it needed adjusting, but just as a nervous action.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:08 pm

" Ah well you can have a seat, anywhere you wish. I'm not certain if there is others coming but surely there could be something we could do while we wait, if you wish, " Eduard said. He wasn't sure how this was going to go. He's not gregarious necessarily and it's difficult to try to talk without seeming like a self-absorbed prat. He returned to the table to see his notes before addressing the other boy again. " Ah well obviously, you're interested in computers, any particular brand that you prefer?"
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 pm

"Ah...alright." Kiku found another of the comfy chairs, putting his back down next to it, but just sat on the edge of the seat, sort of awkwardly.

He paused at the question, thinking about it. "Well...they have different benefits..." He looked at his feet, wondering what Eduard would think of his honest answer. He took a breath and just said it, anyway. "I guess I usually use a PC, because it's easier to play video games."

There. He was out with it. He wasn't just a nerd, he was a geek.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:39 pm

" Ah I have to agree with you on that," Eduard responded with a smile. A fellow PC user, not only that he played games with it, he thought a little more excited than he thought he'd any right to be."I like playing games with the PC I use as well, they also seem to have a little more memory capacity in comparison to Mac."
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Kiku actually found himself smiling a bit to find the boy agreed with him. He nodded. "They do," he agreed. "Of course, Mac is more reliable, and tends to last longer, but it's also more expensive."

His smile turned up a bit more. "I like my computer. It's what works for me."

Of course, he'd also named his computer after a character in a manga series, but really no one needed to know that.

"What OS do you use?" he asked.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

"There is no arguing with that," Eduard responded. "I'm pretty fond of my computer myself, it definitely does what I need and want it to do.I also find that people who use PCs and people who use Macs, tend to have different things in mind when looking for a computer." He felt he could go on for a little bit in regards to this and smiled at finding someone who didn't think he was too weird for wanting to talk about it."As for operating systems, I use Linux personally, though I think the other ones are pretty serviceable when I can't have my laptop on me. Which isn't often," the last part he added with a small grin, as he could hardly ever be separated from his laptop. He carried it around like it was precious, which he considered it to be.
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Kiku nodded again. "Linux is great. And, it's improved a lot." The reasons to use Windows instead were really becoming less and less. Not that it was a bad OS, either was fine, but with a choice, he felt it was pretty clear. "I guess some people would have no idea what they were doing with it, though. But I happen to think it's better."

He paused for a moment.

"Of course, that does bring up some difficulty with the gaming again, as most commercial games are made for Windows. Well, there are ports, which is nice. But I still...ah, I am rambling. I apologize. I'm embarrassed."

His cheeks turned slightly pink.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm

"No it's fine. That's what we're for to ramble a bit about what we like," Eduard said.He really did like talking to Kiku, especially since they had similar interests. "I totally see what you mean about the ports and how games are usually targeted towards Windows. I really hope they start to change that someday, at least make it compatible with a variety of operating systems. I think I still only use Windows for my gaming habits myself primarily." This was a place for like minded people who really liked computers, that's what he set it up for. He figured there was no shame in actually talking about it. And once he started getting into something he liked, it was difficult to get him to stop, though he tried not to be abrasive about it.
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Honda Kiku / Japan
    Otaku-koku
    Otaku-koku

Post by Honda Kiku / Japan Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:08 am

Kiku nodded again. "I have a desktop that runs Windows. But it's at home. I still have my console games, though. And lots of studying to do. So I don't miss it that much."

He really did keep himself busy enough most of the time. He had ways of occupying himself, even without certain games. Although, he was also starting to get out more.

Coming to this club today.

And also, lately he had started talking to a girl.

But he was still in his room most of the time. Games, reading, other things, when he wasn't studying.

Bleh. I lost my roll.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 am

"Ah I can understand that. I'm thinking of getting a console of some sort, so I guess you could probably help with which to get. I'm used to playing a bunch of MMORPGS at least with my computer,"he mentioned. He was getting out a little bit more, though to be frank this was his first casual conversation with one of his fellow students. Though it might have been in a formalized organization, it still felt like he was getting to know someone, and it was a strangely good feeling to do so.

ah sorry about that, hope you'll get it back sometime.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Maria stood in front of a closed door.

Computer Club was what the sign read. She knew some things about computers,though she usually just used it for games she played and browsing websites.

Shrugging, Maria opened the door to find two people talking about their consoles and operating systems.

'Maybe, I'll wait for them to finish their conversation.', she stood in the corner, trying not to rudely interrupt them.

Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Eduard paused and looked up to see a girl minding her own business and waved,"Ah hello." He hadn't noticed her entrance, perhaps because he was too into his conversation with Kiku or because she was pretty quiet about it. Nonetheless, it was his duty to greet all that entered and be as friendly as he could.
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

"Hi, my name's Maria.", she looked between the two," Should I wait 'till you guys are done?"
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

"Hello Maria, I'm Eduard and that's Kiku," he said pointing at the other young man."There's no problem if you wanted to talk."
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:34 pm

"Nice to meet you guys!", she grinned at both of them.

Well, if it's a computer club, better start talking about computers,

"Well, I usually use a pc.Though, I don't mind using a mac as well.", Maria took out the Lenovo laptop she had in her backpack, this was her first time taking it out in school, too preoccupied with school work to play the games on it.

"As for OS...", Maria opened her laptop and clicked on an article named 'Linux vs. Windows 7', "I use Windows 7, but I'm debating whether or not to switch to Linux. This article says that Linux is faster, has better security, and 'there's nothing in Windows 7 that Linux can't do'.", She smiled at the two of them.

"Since your both Linux users, mind telling me the pros or cons about it? Oh, and Ed, can I keep my laptop and games in here? I don't really like carrying it around with me."

I actually found that article, I don't know whether to trust it or not though. It could just be somebody advertising Linux, and the reviews were mainly Windows and Linux users debating with each other ^^;;
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Eduard paused for a moment and started up," Well it's true regarding the security and capabilities of Windows 7, the only problem that I've seen with Linux is that most games run with Windows which as a result I usually have both operating systems on my laptop as a dual-boot."

there's surely better sources, though I do dual-boot windows and linux

Convidad

Post by Convidad Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Maria listened to Edward's words, taking all the info in.

"Is that so? I guess I'll stay with Windows then.", She put down her laptop on the nearest tables, "I mostly play MMORPG's and RPG's on this thing, anyway. Do you guys have any favorite games?"
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Eduard thought for a moment."I also am a fan of MMORPGs, but currently I'm in a text-based rpg called Aeotalia.It's pretty cool."
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Maria perked up when Ed said Aeotalia,

"Can you show me where you downloaded it or the website? Maybe I can play with you~!"

Sorry for the short reply... ;w;
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:25 am

"Sure," he responded before writing the website address down where he played it online and handed it to her."There's several text-based things you could play but I'm currently on Aeotalia." He didn't mind sharing the places where he played what so ever.

It's ok/
    Convidad

Post by Convidad Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm

"Thanks~!", Maria opened her laptop and typed the website that was given to her. What she arrived at was a website filled with many online text based games, just like Ed had said.

She scrolled down the choices so she could be familiar with all of them, picking out the ones she wanted to play later. After getting acquainted, Maria clicked on the game Ed told her about.

'Lets begin!', Immediately, the rules popped out at her, the filipina read all of them before actually proceeding to play this game.
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Eduard Von Bock/Estonia
    Resident of the Internet
    Resident of the Internet

Post by Eduard Von Bock/Estonia Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 am

Eduard didn't know she planned to play the very minute but nonetheless, pulled out his laptop and logged onto the game as well. Perhaps he would find her in game pretty quickly for all new players started at a certain place that he could take the portals to rather easily.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 am